Sunday 8 May 2016

'I may not be there yet but I am closer than I was yesterday'


Only 4 weeks to go and I know these last 4 weeks will fly by. After a really strong week of training and exceeding my target pace for my 50 minute tempo.  I can now see the progress I have made from when I started training for the world record in January.

The main session of the week was the final run of the Ramathon route before the big day.  The aim was to hit target world record pace for the last 5 miles and to leave the session feeling positive.  I'd love to say that I achieved both or just one of these, but I didn't.  I started the run feeling slightly tired and thought it would pass.  By the time I hit the golden gates at Alvaston Castle where my pace was due to start, I felt like I was giving my all but couldn't hit the pace.  My head dropped and to be honest if I was on my own I may have backed off but Owen kept me going.

I was trying to turn my negative thoughts into positive ones.  I tried to turn the discomfort I was feeling into thinking about an anonymous person who left a generous donation this week, saying cancer is very scary - I should know, it needs to be beaten.  Whoever you are, I was thinking of you in those last 2 miles knowing that what life has thrown at you will have been far worse than what I was feeling so I needed to pick myself up and give it my all.

Seeing the IPro was a great relief and when I finally hit 13.1 miles I felt a range of emotions. Disappointed, worried, upset and uncertain for the first time.




I can not grumble at all as I have had a superb spell of consistent training, I just hope I can do it on the day. I'm left questioning what more I can do in the next 4 weeks to give me that extra chance.  If you can think of anything and it's legal please let me know! 😉

I am blessed with so many family and friends coming to support me on the day which I appreciate.  I would love to see you all after the event and have secured a section of the Merlin Pub which is a short walk from the start/finish line.  The tables will have my name on it so please hang around if you can.



'I may not be there yet but I am closer than I was yesterday'



Summary of weeks training:

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 15 min, 50 minute tempo, 15 min. Pilates
Wednesday: 50 minute recovery
Thursday: 10, 40 minutes level 2, 10, Pilates and strength
Friday: 4 x 6 minutes tempo, 6 x 200's
Saturday: 50 minute buggy recovery run
Sunday: 13.1 mile Ramathon buggy run last 5 at target world record pace

No comments:

Post a Comment